This practical, hands-on course is designed to make preparing for and running workshops easier. Designed especially for Business Analysis Practitioners, it focusses on a range of practical and applicable facilitation tools and techniques.
The course aims to help practitioners achieve the confidence they need to effectively facilitate tricky workshops.
This course has two variants: It can be run as a one day or a custom two day course.
The course is highly customisable and covers a range of topics, including:
- Why choose a workshop: An introduction giving insight into why workshops are useful, the core roles that are involved, and how we might prepare for them (including how to select the attendees).
- Stakeholder Insight: Techniques for understanding our stakeholders, and how this might affect how we plan and run our workshops, and how it might affect the techniques we use. How to prepare our stakeholders for a workshop, and situations when it might be useful to hold pre-meetings with our stakeholders.
- Facilitation for Business Analysis: Techniques for using facilitated workshops for elicitation, analysis and validation, including:
- Techniques for ‘kicking off’ a workshop
- Keeping people ‘on track’ and ‘in scope’
- Practical application of creative thinking techniques (brainstorming and ‘brainstorming enhancers’)
- Using facilitated workshops for process modelling
- Use of a collaborative discussion technique (“Fishbowl”)
- Reviewing requirements with structured walkthroughs
- Conflict to Consensus: Managing expectations and dealing with conflict–before, during and after the workshop! Including:
- Why conflict occurs
- Recognising conflict
- Practical negotiation techniques
- After the workshop ends: A brief discussion on how to document the output from a workshop, and what to do next.
During the course, a case-study will be introduced and attendees will have the opportunity to practice a range of facilitation and conflict resolution techniques. Delegates will be encouraged to discuss their own projects and examples too.
Each delegate receives a printed copy of the Blackmetric Course Manual which contains a concise summary of the course.
Want to run the course for your team?
For more information and to book this course for your organisation please contact us:
Tel: (023) 9298 4546