The BABOK® v3 Awareness Course provides a ‘whistle-stop tour’ of the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK®) Guide v 3. The course is conducted in an interactive environment where practitioners can explore the key concepts and knowledge areas in BABOK® and relate these to their own working environment. Attendees will reinforce, crystallise and build on their existing knowledge, whilst also identifying potential knowledge gaps that can be addressed with further focussed self-study.
The overall course objective is to provide delegates with a practical and concise overview of BABOK®, with the opportunity for delegates to discuss and relate this to their day-to-day work.
This course has two variants: It can be run as a one day or a two day course. It is highly flexible, and can be tailored to meet your team’s specific needs:
- Introduction and core concepts: An introduction to the structure of BABOK 3, along with a discussion covering a range of key concepts and terminology. A discussion on how the analysis approach may differ if we are working on an adaptive (agile) project as opposed to a predictive (waterfall) project.
- Knowledge areas: A practical overview of the BABOK Knowledge Areas:
- Strategy Analysis: How to understand the underlying business problem and assess the external environmental factors.
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring: Planning the business analysis approach, including assessing the stakeholder landscape and estimating the effort.
- Elicitation and Collaboration: Eliciting requirements from our stakeholders or other sources, including a discussion of what techniques we might use.
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition: Including a discussion on how we specify requirements, and the different forms we might use in predictive (waterfall) verses adaptive (agile) environments.
- Requirements Lifecycle Management: Managing requirements throughout the lifecycle including prioritising and tracing requirements.
- Solution Evaluation: Assessing the performance of a solution that is in use by the organisation.
A variety of short interactive brainstorms and exercises will be used throughout the course, and delegates will be encouraged to discuss their own projects and examples too.
Each delegate receives:
- A printed copy of the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK®) Guide v3 (worth £49.95)
- A printed copy of the Blackmetric Course Manual which contains a concise course summary
Want to run the course for your team?
For more information and to book this course for your organisation please contact us:
Tel: (023) 9298 4546