Version 1.3: Last updated 23/02/2021
We’re so pleased that you’re interested in being part of the event. We’re keen that you know exactly how we’ll use your data. In essence: We take your privacy seriously and treat your data like we’d treat our own.
‘Serendipity’ is an event run by Blackmetric Business Solutions Limited and Vincent Mirabelli.
1. Who collects my data? Your data is collected and controlled by: Blackmetric Business Solutions Ltd, a limited company Registered in England and Wales, company number 7954970 whose registered address is: 49 Station Road, Polegate, East Sussex, BN26 6EA
2. How will you use my data?
- To assess speaking proposals: If you submit a speaking proposal, we’ll use the information you provide to assess your proposal.
- To reply to any query that you raise: If you submit a query, we’ll use the information you provide in order to respond to it
- To provide you access to the event: If you sign up for the event, we’ll use your information to administer the event and send you joining instructions and other relevant information.
- To send you a newsletter keeping you informed about Serendipity: We’ll provide you with regular updates about Serendipity, including news, the schedule etc.
3. Do you use Third Party Data-Processors?
- As part of our normal business operations, we make use of third party data processors. This includes mailing list providers, event management software, Google Drive etc. When you provide your information to us, it will be securely shared with one or more of these hosts to enable us to provide you with the relevant services.
4. Will you share my data with anyone else?
- Blackmetric Business Solutions Ltd will share your data with Vincent Mirabelli (who jointly runs the conference)
- Other than this, your data will not be shared, unless (in a very unlikely event) we are compelled to do so by law.
5. How can I contact you with a query about my data? You can contact us at any time to update the information we hold about you, or to make a subject access request, using the ‘contact us’ link at the top of this page.
6. Will my data be transferred out of the EEA? Yes, some IT systems we used are hosted outside of the EEA. We take reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR.
7. What is the Legal Basis of Processing? The legal basis for data processing is consent, and you are free to withdraw this at any time.
8. How long will you retain my data? Your data will be retained for:
Speaking proposals: We’ll retain your information for as long as we’re running conferences and events (in case an opportunity arises in future). You can ask for us to remove it at any time.
Opted-in attendees: If you ‘opt in’ to receiving further information, we’ll retain your information until such time as you opt-out. If you opt-out, we’ll keep a record of this too (to ensure that no further communication is sent to you in future). You can opt out, or ask us to completely erase your data at any time.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries. And we hope you enjoy the webinar!