- This event has passed.
Business Analysis Agility (Partner Event)
November 23, 2021 @ 8:00 am – November 24, 2021 @ 4:00 pm
This is a partner event, delivered by the Atlantic Systems Guild. You can book directly using the links below
Whether you work in an agile team, or write traditional specifications, the essential business analysis task is to uncover the real needs of the real customers. Without understanding the real need, it is extremely difficult to deliver valuable outcomes. Actually, assuming you know the solution is where many agile projects go astray, and is also where good business analysis shows its true value.
Your organisation is constantly having to adapt to the relentless changes to its environment – changes to the law, changes in the marketplace, changes in technology, and changes to the available opportunities. Any change results in a development effort to deliver a new or enhanced software system, business process, consumer product or service. Furthermore, the rate of change is so rapid that we simply don’t have time to get the wrong result and deliver the wrong solution.
This course is about using analytical skills to understand the real, underlying problem to solve. It is about integrating business analysis skills into your team regardless of whether it is an agile team, or a more traditional one producing a complete requirements specification. It is about ensuring that you always deliver the right solution, and that you deliver quickly.
By attending this two-day course, you will learn:
– How to identify the customer segments, and what is truly valuable to them
– How not to assume a solution, but to discover the real problem
– How to ensure your solution solves the right problem
– How safe-to-fail probes prove your solution delivers value
– How to design more usable solutions
– How to use story maps to display the narrative of your product
– How to integrate business analysis practices with agile delivery