- This event has passed.
BA Job-seeking Tips: Honing Your Interview Skills with Michelle Shakesheff, Saffron House & Simon Rookledge
December 1, 2020 @ 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm
We live in a disrupted world, and this disruption is just as prevalent for business analysts as it is for other stakeholders. Some organisations are making BAs redundant, others are recruiting them in large numbers—this means that ensuring that you are ‘interview ready’ is more important than ever.
Following on from our previous session bouncing back from BA redundancy, we reconvene our panel of leading practitioners and experts to discuss how to ‘ace’ a business analysis interview. The session will cover topics such as:
• Preparing for an interview: How can a candidate successfully prepare for an interview? Is there such a thing as too much preparation?
• Interview questions: Google “BA Interview questions” and you’ll get a plethora of responses. But how useful are they… does anyone ask these types of ‘model questions’ in the real world?
• Interviewing in a virtual world: What considerations should be kept in mind when being interviewed by video conference?
• Presentations, tasks and assignments: Gone are the days when interviews are the only form of assessment. We’ll discuss the relevance of other tasks such as preparing presentations and more
• When to say “no thanks”: It’s the seventh interview, you’ve written an entire approach document for their BA team and they still say they need more. Is this an interview, or free consultancy?
The panel will take questions from the audience, so the agenda will be very much driven by you.
About the Panellists
|Saffron House: Senior Business Analyst at Ordinance Survey and Professional Development Director at IIBA UK|
|Michelle Shakesheff: Head of Business Analysis at Close Brothers|
|Simon Rookledge: Client Delivery Manager at Guidant Global, and an experienced recruitment consultant who has worked to recruit BA|