In this #BACommunity Webinar we were joined by James Robertson of The Atlantic Systems Guild who will discussed the tricky topic of problem analysis early in the business change lifecycle. The webinar is entitled “Are You Solving the Right Problem?” and you can view the recording below.
Are you delivering software on time, but it doesn’t bring about the anticipated benefits? This happens when a project team fails to solve the right business problem.
The right problem is elusive, but here James Robertson gives you his years of experience of problem solving, and shows you why you can always uncover the right problem, and solve it.
During the webinar, you’ll hear:
- Why starting with a product backlog is probably not a good idea
- How to avoid the assumed solution
- How safe-to-fail probes of candidates solutions help you to connect more deeply with your customers or users
- Why double loop learning is helpful
- Why re-framing the problem usually gives a better result
- Seven rules for finding the right problem
About the Speaker
James Robertson has been associated with hundreds of systems projects, is the author of books and seminars on requirements and solving the right problem. His experience with agile teams has given him unique insights into requirements and how they work in the agile world.
James is co-author of six books including “Business Analysis Agility”, “Mastering the Requirements Process”, now in its third edition, and “Requirements-Led Project Management”. He is also co-author of the Volere requirements techniques, used by thousands of organisations around the world.